Trend #1: Is Your Fashion Focus Fuzzy? Sharpen it with a Crisp Black & White Combo
By Merry P. Nachemin, L. C. S. W. R.
This is one trend that is clean, classic and impactful yet easy wear.
Here are some key tips to help you pull off this look with aplomb:
1.) It can be worn in solids or in graphic prints
• Prints that are great with this trend are geometrics, art deco, floral and futuristic
2.) Accessories can be in the same family or you can introduce a bold shot of color in your shoe and/or bag
• Matchy-matchy is back in a big way in terms of shoes and bags this spring and you can take full advantage with a pop of color that contrasts sharply with your ensemble such as lipstick red, cobalt blue or hot orange
6.) If you have a cool skin tone, go for absolute black and white
• You can complete your “cool” tone ensemble with a silver, white gold or platinum necklace and earrings to play up your skin tone
• If you have a warm skin tone, customize your look by wearing a:
• Warmer shade of white such as off-white, particularly near your face
• Almost-black shade of brown instead of black, which can be more flattering to a warmer skin tone
• Wear a warm color near your face in the form of a scarf or necklace
• Coral is a great shade for a necklace or a scarf—and another hot shade for spring
• You can also wear a yellow or rose gold necklace and/or earrings to reflect back onto your face and warm it up
7.) Since it is a fairly neutral look, you have many options with your makeup:
• You can go with a bold lip and neutral eye
• You can go with a more defined eye and a warm cheek and a more neutral mouth
In any case, as with any look, have fun with it! If you have any questions, please email me.